How to Make a Creamy Pesto Pasta- Healthy Lunch Inspiration
Who doesn't love a healthy pasta dish ?! This is one of my go to pasta dishes for lunch on the weekend or making in bulk a head of time to take for lunches.
This recipe you can have with or without meat.
For the Pesto Hummus:
- 1 cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 of a cup of parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1/2 a squeezed lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 a cup of water to combine (use more if needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all of your ingredients into a nutri bullet or food processor and combine until smooth.
This recipe will make enough for you to use on the pasta as well as some more for vege sticks and snacks through out the next few days of your week.
For the Pasta:
-1 packet of pulse pasta/buckwheat pasta or wholemeal pasta
-1/2 a bag of baby spinach
-3 tablespoons of pesto hummus
1. Cook your pasta in a pot of boiling water.
2. Once your pasta is cooked, strain and rinse in cold water and season with sea salt and cracked pepper.
3. In a large bowl place half a bag of baby spinach and chopped up buffalo mozzarella, with your hands mix the mozzarella through the spinach.
4. Add the pasta, and then spoon in 3 heaped tablespoons of pesto hummus.
5. Combine everything together and enjoy!
6. If you would like to add some more protein 100grams of chicken or a small can of tuna goes nicely with this pasta dish.
-This recipe serves 3-4
I hope you like this easy recipe! If you do like it and make it I would love to see your re-creations. Be sure to tag me #ptwithrenee so I can see them.