How to make high protein breakfast fritters!?
What a perfect way to start a weekend morning with none other than delicious pancakes!
I was craving a caramelised banana , I have no idea why but I was. It would have been boring to have on its own, so I thought it was time to pull all of my superfood jars out of the pantry and get creative !
I give my partner full credit for the name of this dish, instead of calling them pancakes because they were a little jaggered around the edges he thought it would only be appropriate to call them breakfast fritters 💁🏼♀️
My measurements are a little freestyled, because that’s how I like to cook most of the time, measuring with my eyes, I have roughly given you the measurements for how much of each ingredient you need.
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of wholemeal spelt flour or buckwheat flour
- 3 scoops of Moss Well Being vanilla protein
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut yoghurt
- a few drops of vanilla
- 1/2 a cup of chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
1. In a bowl add all of your dry ingredients
2. Make a well in the centre and add your ingredients.
3. Mix everything together until you have a nice smooth batter.
4. Add more almond milk if your batter is too thick.
5. In a pan using coconut oil spoon in some of the mixture and add some blueberries.
6. Serve with a caramelised banana and healthy caramel sauce or even some pure Canadian maple syrup !