How to make a Gut Friendly Kimchi Pancake
This recipe makes a great vegetarian substitute for a meat patty in a burger or if you want a “burger bowl” but without the meat, or simply just to enjoy the gut nourishing pancake on its own with some leafy greens.
Simple yet delicious this recipe is easy peasy and even your kids will like it ! (My toddler LOVES these pancakes).
I used the kimchi made by “Be Nourished“ a New Zealand brand which makes different kinds of delicious sauerkraut .
Kimchi is a side dish of fermented vegetables and is a staple in the Korean diet. It’s a healthy bacteria which is great for promoting a healthier gut flora. There are so many different variations to make kimchi with different vegetables, but this particular one that I used has : Chinese cabbage, daikon radish, carrot, onion, red pepper, garlic and ginger.
- 2 cups of chickpea flour
- 2 cups of kimchi
- 1 cup of filtered water
- 3 tablespoons of tapioca starch
- Olive oil or coconut oil to cook
1. Place all of your ingredients in a bowl and mix to create a batter.
2. Leave the batter in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
3. In a pan place either olive oil or coconut oil and spoon some batter into the pan to cook. Cook for roughly 2 minutes each side (depending on what type of stove you have)
4. Serve as it is or with some avocado and other leafy green vegetables. You could make smaller pancakes and use this as a “patty” in a burger to make it vegetarian.