How to Make a Gut Nourishing Pesto Pasta
The other day I found a full little bushy plant of basil and had the urge to create something with pesto! I had a full jar of macadamia nuts so thought why not make a macadamia pesto pasta! It was such a delicious meal that everyone enjoyed, not only is it tasty, its nourishing and a gut friendly.
Macadamia Pesto Pasta
3/4 cup of raw macadamia nuts
1 cup of fresh basil leaves
1/2 a cup of parsley
A few table spoons of Macadamia or olive oil to combine
3 courgettes spiralised
Chicken bone broth
100/150 grams of chicken per person
1. Prep your pasta/noodles and place to one side
2. Make your pesto, I found it is easier to make the pesto in my NutriBullet.
3. Place courgettes noodles/pasta in a pot with bone broth and cook for 1-2 minutes to slightly soften the pasta.
4. Place noodles in a bowl and if you feel as though there is too much broth empty some out and put in a cup to drink later.
5. Mix through pesto and chicken.
6. Garnish with some crushed macadamias and basil leaves
Enjoy and let me know what you think!! Renee xx